The Daily Mail has serious form for the worst takes in town – 12 gobsmackers
Today’s front page of the Daily Mail has wet its metaphorical pants over the imminent departure of their idol, Boris Johnson, and has quite rightly been panned.
Nobody was surprised at the paper’s reaction, however, because outrageously bad front pages are their stock in trade, so we thought we’d share a few reminders.
1. When they made a target of High Court judges for guaranteeing the sovereignty of parliament.
2. One of their many anti-immigration dog whistles.
3. More anti-immigration.
4. When they went completely over the top about Theresa May’s tactic for preventing scrutiny of the Brexit deal.
5. This one speaks for itself.
6. Swarm? Of people?
7. The continuing saga of the Mail’s tenuous relationship with democracy.
8. How dare MPs want to represent their constituents’ views on a seismic change to the country!
9. Give it a rest, DM. Your racism’s showing.
10. Those pesky MPs and their ‘wanting to be involved in decisions’ nonsense.
11. A brief respite from Brexit hysteria to reduce two powerful women to the attractiveness of their legs.
12. We thought the Daily Mail liked living in the past. Just ask them about Imperial Measures.
It hasn’t always been the front page that has had people shaking their heads in disbelief.
The relentless campaign against Meghan Markle targeted her for her choice of salad.
Berating the ‘snowflake’ generation by crying about the name of a sandwich.
Why should health workers be allowed a break?
And it goes back a long way. Here’s a shameful piece from 1934.
The Daily Mail – backing the wrong horse since 1896.