Some people go for years misusing words or phrases – 15 funny favourites
The r/BoneAppleTea Reddit forum is a collection of malapropisms – the wrong word or phrases used in place of similar-sounding correct words or phrases – like when Welsh Conservative, Andrew Davies, promised to make breakfast – rather than Brexit – a success.
We’ve gathered some great examples from the subreddit for your enjoyment.
1. Wait till they hear about vampire bats
2. Mechanic: You’re not going to believe what’s wrong with this engine
3. There are layers to this
4. Either way – the chicken’s history
5. Not knowing how to spell a foreign word – fine. Being a rude jerk about it – not fine. Not fine at all.
6. Japanese crabs?
7. When homophones don’t exist
8. Spicy talk
More from the Poke
Maxwell the cat purrfectly illustrates why watching TV can be bad for you
9 of the funniest and most brutal comebacks we’ve seen this week