12 perfect takedowns of climate-change deniers
According to NASA – who aren’t known for making up random numbers on scientific issues – around 97 per cent of scientists are convinced of man-made climate change. For reasons it’s difficult to fathom, there are still a lot of people who choose to listen to the other three per cent – and when they air these views, there’s always someone ready to take them down.
These 12 people have done a brilliant job of challenging the three-per-centers.
1. Never a good idea to mansplain science to a scientist
2. When primary science trumps adult nonsense
3. Some people never learn
4. Sometimes the self-owns are too perfect
5. They never know when to keep quiet
6. Better get the words right because the dictionary’s watching
7. Some people should read less Breitbart and more books
8. It’s tricky stuff, science
9. Some people want to see the world burn
10. There’s nothing the armchair experts don’t know
11. It’s important to use language they understand
12. Another stunner from the “climate = weather” brigade
As amazing as all these takedowns are, it takes real guts to do it to their faces, like this 16-year-old activist who went to Davos and told the rich and powerful that they were responsible for letting climate change continue.
— Greta Thunberg (@GretaThunberg) January 24, 2019