These 15 dumb things people did as kids will make you fear for humanity
We’ve all done daft things when we were kids – often several times a day, or perhaps that’s just me. But there’s daft and then there’s daft, so when Twitter user, @MotherofDoggons asked about the dumb stuff people did when they were young, the answers made us wonder how these people are still alive.
This is the tweet that got everyone thinking.
What’s the dumbest shit you ever did as a kid?
My shining moment was when I was like 4? I put floaties on my feet and jumped into a pool thinking I’d walk on water. I almost drowned.
— M♥️ (@MotherOfDoggons) December 9, 2018
And these are the replies that must surely be filed under “Kids do the funniest things”.
Crowning achievement was when I was 7, I stuck a pair of scissor blades into a socket in my classroom.
It sent the entire street into blackout.
— The Block Panther (@DeleMage) December 11, 2018
Got my head stuck in my Barbie house. I wanted to see what it was like from her point of view
— ashleyyaa (@ashleyyaa) December 11, 2018
To reach the candy cupboard I started a fire by climbing up onto a counter/stove top that had a cook book on it. Knocked a switch without realising. Walked off with candy. Smelt smoke. Returned. Flames almost touching the ceiling. Notified parents. Denied starting fire.
— Hannah Lili (@hannahlili95) December 11, 2018
When I was 8 I tried to reheat a sonic grilled cheese deluxe in the microwave. For those of you who don’t know, sonic wraps their food in thin wax lined foil paper. I watched my grilled cheese combust for about 8 second before I calmly told an adult “hey the microwave blew up”
— new year, new YEET (@ashiknees4) December 11, 2018
when i was 8 i tried to prove to my friends that i was part horse and so i ate a ton of grass to prove my point. i learned that day that you will throw up if you eat grass, especially if pesticide is sprayed on it
— lauren (@lauren_brown1_) December 11, 2018
In 5th grade I was trying to dig a hole in a playground snowbank to the mulch below. Hole was getting too deep to dig from the sides, so I dive headfirst into the hole.
I basically crumpled at the bottom, legs flailing about in the sky, until a friend pulled me out hahaha
— baklavababa (@goovenli) December 11, 2018
It was cold in our house so I took a smouldering log out of the nearly dead fire in the wood burning stove and put it in my sheets. Woke up because of smoke and promptly put it back. Threw away the half burned sheets and never told my parents. I was 16 and really, REALLY stupid
— Kristin Briggs (@KrissyBriggzler) December 11, 2018
I thought my cat was hot and put herin the refrigerator to cool her off. She ate all the lunch meat
— East Oregon Lawyer (@defendsthepeeps) December 11, 2018