Our favourite 12 times Piers Morgan was brutally owned by Dan Walker on Twitter
It’s the most interesting thing about breakfast TV right now, Piers Morgan’s efforts to get one over on his BBC1 rival, Dan Walker.
Morgan’s Good Morning Britain doesn’t have as many viewers as Walker’s BBC1 Breakfast show, but it doesn’t stop the ITV underdog from yapping at his heels on Twitter.
Except, as these 12 exchanges suggest, it doesn’t always work out the way he would have wanted.
1. When ITV bought some screen time outside the BBC Breakfast studios
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) June 4, 2018
2. When Piers tweeted about his ‘best ever week’ for ratings
3. And it didn’t end there …
4. When they played in a pro-celebrity golf tournament together
— Dan Walker (@mrdanwalker) May 23, 2018
5. When the BBC1 show got its captions wrong
Imagine presenting a breakfast show where your replacement gets more viewers than you 😂
Mon 5th Feb (your last Monday) average GMB audience 664,000
Mon 12th Feb (1st one without you) 703,000#Awkward #BringBackBen #TheGoodShephard #Tears4Piers
Nice to have you back 🤣 https://t.co/s4FtMytoVT
— Dan Walker (@mrdanwalker) February 26, 2018
6. The ratings game
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) May 22, 2018