20 Invaluable Job Interview Tips
By Michael Spicer
Once you’ve made it through to the interview stage in your job hunt, then you’ll probably feel pleased, even a bit excited. You’ll want to do your best to impress your future employers and show them you’re the right person for the job.
There can be so much to think about, so here’s some handy pointers to set you on the path to interview success.
1. When asked what your weaknesses are, say Ryan Gosling. It’ll break the ice. Then say ‘persistent lateness’ or something.
2. Bring a box to the interview, point at it and say “I do all my thinking outside of that.” Then open some champagne.
3. Tattoo your limitations down one arm. Interviewers admire honesty.
4. When asked if you want anything to drink, say “Just a glass of job please!” Then laugh for 15 minutes. No less.
5. When shown to the interview room, walk further up the corridor & say “I always go the extra mile!” Then click your heels.
6. Show you give 110% by pouring 10% too much water into your glass. Smile knowingly.
7. Wear a sock puppet on one hand, make it whisper in your ear and say “What’s that, Mr Wuzzles? I seem ideal for the job?”
8. Loosen your tie as you enter & say “Phew! Is it me or did it get 100% more dynamic in here?” Then reverse high five them.
9. When they ask if you got here all right, reply “I always succeed in getting to where I’m going” then punch a nearby door.
10. Tell them you won’t need a lunch hour because you’re powered by results. Then make a powerboat noise for about 8 minutes.
11. Unbutton your shirt to reveal a Superman ‘S’ & say “Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s increased productivity!”
12. Dress as an American footballer to show you’re a team player. And have ‘Sustained Growth’ written on your football.
13. Say “I hope to become part of the furniture here.” Then crouch into a ball pretending to be a pouffe & never move again.
14. Show you’re a fast learner by wearing an L plate round your neck & a Usain Bolt face-mask. Don’t speak. They’ll get it.
15. If they extend their hand for you to shake, enclose it in your hands and say “Look! A hand-sandwich! I need this job.
16. When asked where you see yourself in 5 years, say “owner of a B&B for cats” and tap your nose like you know the market.
17. Produce 2 cans of Dr Pepper & push one over to your interviewer. Then break open yours & say to them “Virgo. Am I right?”
18. Give your interviewer a hollow pork pie. Then lean back and say “That’s your company – I’m your pork.”
19. Hire a billboard across the road from the interview room that shows you wrestling a bear. Point to it occasionally.
20. When asked if YOU have a question say “Where do you see YOURSELF in 5 years’ time, nosey?” Laugh. Pass around some mints.
visit Michael’s One-Man LOLWagon > here