Web News: A comment left on the internet has shown everyone that they were wrong about everything and has now made the world a better place to live in.

“I knew once I pressed the submit button that this would change everything for good,” said Bert Schwafelei, who left the comment on the website of a popular newspaper.

“Once the comment appeared online I just sat back and watched as the world began to wake up to itself and realise that they were wrong and I was right.”

People reading the comments on the article were quick to point out that Schwafelei’s insight had changed everything for the better, and was in no way an insignificant fart of a thought drowned in a torrent of other insignificant thought-farts.

“When I saw that I knew the whole world would instantly turn into a better place,” said another commenter. “Thank God I read that comment before I dared to express a different opinion.”

• Harry

What is this, The Onion?

August 19, 2013 at 10:37 am
  • Lee

This has me written all over it!

August 19, 2013 at 11:07 am
  • Ana

Irony at its finest.

August 19, 2013 at 12:04 pm
  • Vajayjay

If only all hippos were alive, then we could probably have a great big shoot up and eat flowers. Yes, if only. But they are dead. Every single one of them. Zombies. The living embodiment of zombies in a 4D movie they’ve been making for the past 100 years or so.

August 19, 2013 at 6:43 pm
  • CHRIS

THAT WAS CLIFF WASN’T IT ? ……. YEAH THOUGHT SO ! GREAT POKEGIESM ……….

August 20, 2013 at 10:21 pm
  • Oliver P

This piece of satire makes perfect sense! If you are the sort of person who is immune from being provoked into thought.

If, on the other hand, you are the sort of person who is always happy to read a different point of view and is open to the possibility of changing their way of thinking, you might think that encouraging commentary on articles is of immense value, enabling a much more democratic sharing of ideas than had previously been possible. You might even think that this piece of satire is nothing more than thoughtless, reactionary drivel. But on that, I couldn’t possibly comment.

August 24, 2013 at 5:38 pm