There are so many things to LOVE about Scotland..

1. The Architecture [via]

2. The way the motorists handle wheel clampers in Glasgow [via]

3. The way they cope with noisy neighbours in Edinburgh [via]

…also in Edinburgh – how a local responded to health and safety inspectors when they closed the local chip shop after a mice infestation [via]

4. The escapism [via]

5. The Hair Dressers [via]

6. The Politics

..and the Protestors. Can we just have a moment for the Scottish GENIUS who dared to apply balloon static to Donald Trump’s hairpiece

7. The Roadside Weather Reports

20. The way they deal with blocked drains

21. The amazing mathematics [via]

22. The Gadgets

23. The Newspaper Columnists

24. The Celebrities

25. The rail replacement service [via]

…and the remixed ‘Visit Scotland’ videos on YouTube.

If you liked that you might like these…

>> 25 Unfortunate publishing layouts of our time

>> 50 ways to liven up your working day at the office

>> 50 Brilliant pub chalkboards

>> 30 Amazing Street Posters

>> 30 Fabulous Shop Notices

>> 50 Tips To Help You Plan The Dream Wedding

>> 25 Reasons Why You Should Love Music Festivals

>> 22 Freaky Faces In Freaky Places

>> 55 Sensational TV Screenshots

>> 30 Brilliant Billboards

>> 40 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Summer

>> 20 Invaluable Pie Charts

• Big Jock

Gives this Scotsman a warm feeling inside.

Could be the Whisky right enough.

June 14, 2013 at 1:30 pm
  • Louise

My mother was from Glasgow, and I laughed by pink bits off looking at the “25 Reasons we love Scotland”; I was dissapointed there was no deep fried Mars Bars included? Is this because the eaters of this Scottish delicacy have all died from cardiac arrest?

June 14, 2013 at 1:47 pm
  • Paw Broon

To be honest, I lived in Scotland for 22 years and never saw a single deep fried Mars bar for sale anywhere.

June 14, 2013 at 3:18 pm
  • Jobby

I like how the pony on the right did not bother brushing the hair out of its face for the photo.

June 14, 2013 at 3:34 pm
  • Helen Meredith

The deep fried Mars bars were a stunt put out by the sun newspaper, never seen one yet

June 14, 2013 at 6:13 pm
  • Lynne Galbraith

Oi you. Are you sure you’re Scottish! Expect to see the English version now.

June 14, 2013 at 6:48 pm
  • Tom

Who provided some £48 bn to bail out RBS???

June 14, 2013 at 8:30 pm
  • kenny

North Sea Oil tom boy!

June 14, 2013 at 9:38 pm
  • Calum Connelly

Helen meredith, no they weren’t, fairl common up north and you get them in Edinburgh…

June 14, 2013 at 9:44 pm
  • robert

I enjoyed the pitures and stories and had a good beely laught..

June 14, 2013 at 10:35 pm
  • India

I’m pretty sure the parrot story was in New Zealand where an unfortunate tourist from scotland got done over by a Kea

June 14, 2013 at 11:07 pm
  • Edinburgh

There are deep fried mars bars on sale in Edinburgh! I ate a couple while I was there.

June 15, 2013 at 12:00 am
  • Blootered

You can buy deep fried mars bars in Edinburgh however, generally, the only people I’ve ever seen buy them are tourists…

June 15, 2013 at 12:47 am
  • Rod

Deep fried mars bars are very real – not a stunt by the sun or anyone else. Readily available at many chippies and also at a number of actual restaurants including the beech tree inn at dumgoyne where it’s served as a proper desert with a side of sorbet ;)

June 15, 2013 at 5:33 am
  • Pam

They sell deep fried mars bars in the clam shell chippy on the royal mile in Edinburgh

June 15, 2013 at 11:37 am
  • cathy

lived in glsgow all my life and been to the chippy many times … have yet to see deep fried mars bar on the menu ( happy to say) …

June 15, 2013 at 8:30 pm
  • Newscat

There are two chippies in the quaint traditional village of Boghall. One is sodden in grease and the other is run by the Taliban. However its great being Scottish!

June 16, 2013 at 2:23 am
  • Brian Shepherd

pure dead brilliant man so it is but!

June 16, 2013 at 10:06 pm
  • Greet Faber

You’ll kill me laughing .

June 17, 2013 at 10:38 am
  • Stewart Charles PITT

OUCH I BENU !

June 17, 2013 at 11:38 am
  • Bobbie

My partner and I went to stay in Scotland last May and came home after only 2 days because of the constant heavy rain. Even so, the sights were amazing, and as my youngest son lives up in Sterling with his Scottish wife and beautiful daughter, we shall be visiting again. It’s among the most beautiful parts of the U.K. giving us at least a few things that we can still be proud of.

June 17, 2013 at 10:50 pm
  • Janet Mundie

Did see a “pie supper”,deep fried pie and chips.

June 18, 2013 at 3:38 am
  • Trevorofbude

Note on No 21! I love the Scottish maths because paying an annual subscription by Dd over 9 months and getting given an extra 6 is exactly accurate!,

June 20, 2013 at 10:37 am
  • Eddie anderson

Not for long Bobbie……

June 21, 2013 at 6:13 pm
  • Barb McLean (Bare)

I Laughed so hard when I read Bobbie only made it 2 days and Left because of the rain, Hahahha! not made of sugar ye wont melt.. a bit O’ rain wont hurt ya… no bad weather only bad clothing.. and Scotland isnt fer ya Dear ifn ye left 2 days in cuz of the rain.. Oh My! Hahahaah!

June 23, 2013 at 2:42 pm
  • Mark Godsall

I love the 25 reasons why we love Scotland, It made me laugh aloud. One of my Rock Idols was born in Scotland but is now in Australia, the One, the Only….Angus Young. Also I agree on Frankie Boyles comment about the English, us Welsh would do the same because we always beat them at rugby.

June 23, 2013 at 2:48 pm
  • jacquie

Bobbie on the 17th of June rofl ,that would be Stirling my deary and not Sterling lol. Yes loved this made me really laugh out loud especially the choo choo im a train one !!. Deep fried Mars bars are alos sold where I stay. I`m Scottish through and through and very proud of it, you wont find the welcome you get here anywhere else!!

June 24, 2013 at 5:27 pm
  • bridget mcconnel

outrageously funny

July 4, 2013 at 8:30 am
  • ron hunter

Scotland: the best small country in the world – despite being much maligned by the pig-ignorant. 25 great things about Scotland? Make it 26– by dint of the champion of the UNIVERSE…Andy Murray!

July 8, 2013 at 11:09 am
  • xEx

Deep fried mars bars are on sale at the chippy in Stonehaven where they were first made I think it’s called the carton chippy and the even have a big sign up saying “home of the deep fried mars bar” I can’t say I ever fancy trying one xEx

July 9, 2013 at 12:26 am
  • Leon

The pony on the right is an “emo” – that’s why its hair is across its eyes

July 9, 2013 at 2:25 am
  • Samantha

Alot of you saing you can’t see any fried mars bar in glw, get ur facts Right blue lagoon do sell them but don’t have it on the menu so u got to ask for one!

July 11, 2013 at 6:36 pm
  • David993

Hopefully your referendum will be an outstanding success

July 12, 2013 at 10:21 pm
  • duane

It’s not so much free whisky at the barber’s as it is changing out what they sterilize the combs in

July 17, 2013 at 11:18 pm
  • Tina

This is pure class. Fife has deep fried mars bars but not tried it yet. My 24 yr old nephew says it was braw.

July 18, 2013 at 9:18 pm
  • Lynn Lawler

Brilliant, us Scots are fab! As for deep fried mars bars, it was invented in my home town, Stonehaven, 15 miles south of Aberdeen, you can get them there no bother at all. Have to say, I never tried one myself, I preferred a white pudding supper!

July 24, 2013 at 7:04 pm
  • Peter Bedson

The chippy opposite the Conan Doyle pub at the top of Leith Walk in Edinburgh has a big sign advertising fried Mars bars – I tried one as a scientific experiment: it was pretty good but not something you would want to eat every day. Most of the chippies will deep fry any kind of chocolate you want – creme eggs are apparently a particular delicacy in Perth. In Glasgow I was offered a deep fried beef roll – I am still not sure if I was being wound up!

September 9, 2013 at 2:37 pm
  • L

yea the deep fried mars bar was first created in Stonehaven , where I’m from. Its one of them sweet-savoury mixtures that shouldn’t taste good but does! Its not easy to finish though because it gets sickly sweet quite quickly. Well worth a try anyway if your ever in Stoney :)

December 2, 2013 at 1:28 pm
  • Billy

Forget Deep Fried Mars Bars.

It’s the deep fried battered pizza suppers that I miss!

January 20, 2014 at 9:20 am