YouTuber Katherine Eames writes “After a truly rubbish day, I got on the train home and couldn’t get a seat, a man pulled out his guitar “Oh here we go!” I thought. Then a drunken woman starts singing. Hang on a minute, I know that voice?! It really was KIM WILDE! This totally made my day. Thank you. She is an absolute legend!’

Next > 40 Awkward Christmas Photos

• Graham

Fantastic. what a great sport. shame those southerners dont know how to enjoy the moment.come up north kim the train would have been rockin

December 16, 2012 at 11:07 am
  • jon

Those miserable blokes are so typical of your average tube traveller in London. They try and restreat into their own little world, avoid eye contact, pretend they’re somewhere else. Sad.
    Brilliant performance by Kim that. I’d have loved to have been there.

December 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm
  • PLG

i so wish i had been on that train she is a legend :D

December 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm
  • andy

Fantastic, BTW jon that aint no tube, therefore Graham not sure how you deduce its southerners!!!
    OK just before the end it does say next stop Pottersbar, which is my line, Kim next time can you do it on my train :-)

December 16, 2012 at 5:01 pm
  • geoff

Simon, a version of “Rocking around the Christmas tree” recorded by Kin Wilde was a re-worked version of the original with extra materiał written by Mel Smith and Griff Rhys Jones.

December 17, 2012 at 12:49 am
  • owenb

I suspect most people on that train will have had no idea who she is and what they were witnessing. And if so, I can well imagine that they would indeed have kept their heads down and avoided eye contact with the drunk chick warbling completely out of tune.

It’s all very well if you’re in a good mood and up for a laugh, but don’t forget that you’re mixing with the general public, who will have had all manner of different sorts of day. Some of them really, really won’t have any desire to sing along and be all jolly, having had a shite day at work so far, or a shite day of work ahead of them.

The lack of tolerance for other people’s peace and quiet just because you’re having a great time is just as annoying to those people as their desire to have nothing to do with you is for you.

There’s a reason there are signs on the tube asking travellers to respect other people’s peace and quiet and personal space.

December 17, 2012 at 11:22 am
  • Jane

The ever gorgeous Kim…worked with her on a couple of promos years back and she still looks FAB. Great lady with a great SOH…I would have joined in with you Kimmy – your star is still shining hun.

December 17, 2012 at 4:25 pm
  • andy watford

wonderful stuff,o up tight on trains ! met kim at horn reborn stalbans many years ago;still lovely and great gardnerX

December 17, 2012 at 9:22 pm
  • Wilton

She sucked back when, and she blows now. Way to go making a travesty of her one ok song…

December 18, 2012 at 8:34 am
  • Leah

Well done Graham – the small mindedness of the North South divide lives on…Up North anyway! I wonder how you know where that Multi cultural bunch of people come from though!?
    Kim however, you are a legend!

December 18, 2012 at 5:35 pm
  • gullible1

brill-wish I could have been there.Shame about the guys who had a sense of humour by-pass!maybe she should have moved to a more amenable carriage!!!wtg Kim!

December 19, 2012 at 4:54 am
  • Rob

Owen B, when did you last laugh at anything single guy?

December 19, 2012 at 9:04 pm
  • Snoopy

Owen B, get well soon, you miserable sod. Hey Santa just called – he’s sending you a lump of coal for Xmas.

December 20, 2012 at 9:47 am
  • Billiefarey0x@hotmail.co.uk

You were an fab&the funny thing is I was only watching you yesterday sing it with Mel…,Merry Christmas Kim!oxo

December 21, 2012 at 1:16 am
  • Hajen69

Great treat from my childhood favourite. Could she come and do this on the swedish subway too?:) I believe the guy playing the guitar is her brother Ricky but I’m not sure

December 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm
  • Pete d'Coy

What a fabulous woman with a great personality. As a Scouser Kim would have a great singalong up here – we don’t need an excuse up here !!
    They are miserable buggers on the Tube particularly. I lived there in 67/8 and the only time they smiled then was trying to suppress a fart.

January 17, 2013 at 9:48 pm