Nick hopes that his heartfelt new single will make things good again with voters.

For the full story on how our viral video hit the pop charts click here

By Alex Ross and James Herring

Previously > The Leveson Enquiry: The Musical

• Barry Dixon

Genius!

September 20, 2012 at 8:42 am
  • dave

Not Very Good – rushed out to be the first?

September 20, 2012 at 8:55 am
  • Matt

Made my day! Best 2 minutes of wasted time this week…

September 20, 2012 at 10:04 am
  • Jason Kelley

One of the best media edits I have ever seen.

September 20, 2012 at 10:08 am
  • rob

If we can get people with the wherewithal to produce this why do we have to put up with such abject politicians?

September 20, 2012 at 10:20 am
  • Josh Harris

Got time for this video.

September 20, 2012 at 10:32 am
  • David Alterman

If Nick Clegg released this Lib Dem ratings would go through the roof. Best party political broadcast I have ever seen

September 20, 2012 at 10:46 am
  • Common Sense

Uncanny – HAL 9000, the super computer from Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation of 2001: A Space Odyssey sounds just like Nick Clegg grovelling to Dave Cameron

September 20, 2012 at 11:44 am
  • Jimm

Dear Alex & James,

Please, please, please could you fix it for me to see this track released for download in the hopes it could become #1 in the UK charts, if nothing else than just to stick a satirical finger up at Clegg and his pitiful attempt to apologise for making the promise in the first place, instead of apologising for breaking it.

Make it a charity single to fund students entering HE and it’ll definitely be a hit!

Many Thanks,
    Jimm, 29 (wouldn’t have a degree if I’d had to pay as much as it costs now).

September 20, 2012 at 11:59 am
  • Ivor Double

Absolutely brilliant!

September 20, 2012 at 12:03 pm
  • Mike Hills

An amazing video can’t help but share it… Wll done to the creator

September 20, 2012 at 12:39 pm
  • Sue Marsh

Brilliant! I agree with Jimm

September 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm
  • David Jones

It’s a Rage Against The Machine moment…. it MUST go to No.1!

September 20, 2012 at 1:03 pm
  • Bob Hadley

Oh yes! “Win it (our trust) back” …. how?

September 20, 2012 at 1:06 pm
  • The Uni Mum

Well done guys, brilliant :) There is something really sweet about politically dead politicians

September 20, 2012 at 1:11 pm
  • Gregg

Can any money raised if theres a cost for it, go to paying for fees??

September 20, 2012 at 1:12 pm
  • Keith Parry

Great mickey take….. well done.

September 20, 2012 at 1:25 pm
  • UK Web Designer

Brilliant – just heard this on Radio 2 Jeremy Vine – How the heck you did this so fast !! – Gosh modern tech eh !!

September 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm
  • Brian Campbell

inspired! lets get it to number one pop pickers

September 20, 2012 at 1:29 pm
  • John Robertson

‘Brilliant’ Everything has a price live with it Nick.

September 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm
  • Iggy

Fantastic. Love the Autotune. Disagree with poster that said it was rushed, it is brilliant. Make it available on iTunes, it’s a great little tune and good laugh.

September 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm
  • Anonymous

Fantastic!!!!

September 20, 2012 at 2:05 pm
  • Tatty Divine

Ring Tone till the end of the Coalition. I have never loved anything so much.

September 20, 2012 at 2:06 pm
  • Denis Hatcher.

As Elton once sang sorry seems to be the hardest word its pitiful that these people in power only say sorry when they are found out or in Cleggs case wants something…………..A great p..s take enjoyed it.

September 20, 2012 at 2:06 pm
  • Moggz

Just need Cameron to sing “I quit” :) :) Happy days

September 20, 2012 at 2:10 pm
  • David Pickles

Amazing! Pure Genius! Has to be released as a single (Simon Cowell or Richard Branson – are you listening?). The proceeds could all go to UK charities starved of income thanks to the incompetence of the coalition. Fantastic. Can’t get the tune out of my head.

September 20, 2012 at 2:23 pm
  • bumper

funnily enough, i dont agree with nick, TREMENDOUS!

September 20, 2012 at 2:57 pm
  • kikine

After having a crap day this made me belly laugh. Brilliant! Let this just be a beginning as to how foolish our politicians really are

September 20, 2012 at 4:19 pm
  • meee

I agree with Moggz – The only thing that would make this certain number one better would be a backing track from cameron!!

September 20, 2012 at 4:32 pm
  • Patrick

I didn’t know Nick Clegg was so talented. He’ll be sadly missed when he moves on to Brussells. Bless him.

September 20, 2012 at 4:35 pm
  • David Wainwright

Laugh-out-loud funny!

September 20, 2012 at 4:40 pm
  • 1969 Skinhead

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has allowed a spoof music video of him to be released as a single on condition the profits go to charity. ……..Fair play Nick ,now its up to us all to get it to number1 and generate much needed funds for charity

September 20, 2012 at 4:56 pm
  • What rain?

Simply put, this is great! I will be having the chorus as my ringtone!

September 20, 2012 at 5:24 pm
  • invalid password

Loved it. Will be singing it all night.

September 20, 2012 at 5:25 pm
  • This is the N

Absolutely pathetic, not remixed in a funny way at all, millions of better remixes of similar things out there that took longer than 5 seconds to make unlike this. Utter rubbish.

September 20, 2012 at 5:31 pm
  • Chris Elliott

Just goes to show – if you have half a mind to go into politics , then the LibDems are the party for you!

September 20, 2012 at 5:31 pm
  • Parapensioner

As all politicians are liars by profession, I wouldn’t set any great store by Nick’s ‘apology’. However I’ll give him one star for being a good sport, and allowing proceeds of this excellent piss-take go to a good cause!

September 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm
  • keith

well done. all politicians deserve the piss taken out of them for their wrong doings. if it was anyone else in any other profession making a gross mistake, im pretty damned sure they would have got the sack. once again well done pmsl

September 20, 2012 at 6:26 pm
  • Stewart Denny

Nick Clegg is such a tit !!

September 20, 2012 at 6:27 pm
  • Pat Jourdan

At last! People like this (Alex) make life worth living.Top of the hit parade and the students’ disco favourite …and the end of politicians betraying their manifestos.
    Manifesto=a public declaration policy and aims.

September 20, 2012 at 6:51 pm
  • Nigel T. Brown

Just………..Brilliant Timing must have an imaginative team around in their PR Machine……keep it up guys….people might start to believe you found your roots again

September 20, 2012 at 6:57 pm
  • Nick Clegg

I didnt expect my apology to be made into a music video, but i like it so much, im considering a career in the music business…. ive had my bottom smacked by David and he wants me out now….. i rang Ed and asked if i could jump ship and join him…. he told me i had no father and hung up…. oh well….now where`s my bottle of white lightning ….

September 20, 2012 at 6:58 pm
  • Jodie&Tony

Me and my dad couldnt stop laughing at this its so funny (im sorry im sorry im so so sorry)love that bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 20, 2012 at 7:00 pm
  • monica

Very funny !

September 20, 2012 at 7:35 pm
  • Pricey

I’m pleasantly surprised this is more light hearted mockery than just the slander I was expecting when someone linked it from facebook, and if anything it’s going to do the Lib Dems good.

Having said that, looking at the comments is depressing. In particular:

“Jimm, 29 (wouldn’t have a degree if I’d had to pay as much as it costs now).”

Well, Jimm, if you went to the bother of reading about the tuition fee changes before you went spouting off on this website then perhaps you’d realise that nothing about this change affects people’s ability to afford to go to uni, and actually improves the lot of the people who are worst off coming out of uni.

Oh well, it seems most of the population is like Mr Jimm (didn’t deserve a degree anyway).

*sigh* Politicians make an unusual change that helps everyone who needs it and they get slammed for it. They make an open apology (infinitely more unusual) and they get slammed for that as well.

September 20, 2012 at 8:14 pm
  • Richard

This has made my day. I am in tears of laughter. Congratulations to the editors. They have restored my faith in humanity restored.

September 20, 2012 at 10:22 pm
  • Colin

Sorry Pricey, but if you don’t realise that the prospect of well over twenty thousand pounds of debt would deter those who currently have very little from going into higher education then it shows you know very little about the “worst off”. It’s very easy for those from a comfortable background to talk about how long you have to pay off such debts and the low interest rates, but for someone coming from a background where nobody they know earns anything like the average wage, this is a big committment to take on. I come from a very poor family, got totally free university education, and a grant, and now earn a good wage, and am very happy to be paying some of my good luck back in higher rate tax, but if I had had to choose this level of debt up front, back when I was poor, I don’t know if I could have done it. I just don’t think it’s right, fees should be free for your first degree. His promise was the correct bit, it’s breaking it that was wrong!

September 20, 2012 at 10:26 pm
  • Dedwood85

Pricey.

You’ve just implicitly said most of the population doesn’t deserve a degree if they don’t agree with tuition fees. Everyone who works hard enough to pass DESERVES a degree whether they agree with fee increases or not.

Try not to be such a fucking twat on your next comment.

September 20, 2012 at 10:34 pm