Nick hopes that his heartfelt new single will make things good again with voters.

For the full story on how our viral video hit the pop charts click here

By Alex Ross and James Herring

Previously > The Leveson Enquiry: The Musical

T-Shirt Of The Week > Get One Here 10678640_799754660064829_4742930850410394747_n

• G Hancox

Great video that takes micky out of that dreadful Clegg and his completely insincere “apology”. The man is a compulsive liar and would never vote fibdem again

September 20, 2012 at 11:10 pm
  • G Hancox

Great video that takes micky out of that dreadful Clegg and his completely insincere “apology”. It will take an awful lot more than this fake apology and funny video to “make things right with voters again”. The man is a compulsive liar and would never vote fibdem again

September 20, 2012 at 11:14 pm
  • Daniel

All the Uni students are so angry and vocal about Nick Clegg’s apparent betrayal.

Frankly, his Uni fees promise was indeed unrealistic and a mistake, but he seems a more honest and trust worthy than the other leaders (including the one I voted for). Anyone remember the ‘Protect the NHS, no restructuring’ promise? What about the Afghan and Iraq wars?

Uni Lib Dem supporters need to learn to forgive their leader and accept that a mistake was made. You should stop punishing your own party. There would have been fee rises no matter which side Lib Dems picked, and the country would have suffered if they didn’t pick a side at all.

If Nick Clegg is still running the Lib Dem show by the time we get to the next elections, I may (after reading the manifesto of course) even vote for his party myself because he’s clearly got what it takes to make the decisions that the country needs rather than the decision which best suites his parties own popularity.

September 21, 2012 at 12:04 am
  • Nick

Tuition fees was the issue I used to be able to stomach a tactical vote. Now there is no party that supports my views any more than the others. Democracy #fail

September 21, 2012 at 7:16 am
  • Exasperated Me

He doesn’t need to apologize to 99% of the population because they didn’t chuffing vote for him!!

September 21, 2012 at 7:21 am
  • Liesel

Well I’m sorry too but I will never vote Lib Dem ever again. The Tories?? now merging with Labour I could have stomached but not the Tories, no no no no. So I’m sorry, never again!

I’d like a brand new party to vote for please, with a brand new way of running the country, before a revolution starts. Because at the moment all the choices are pretty poor. I’m voting Green from here on.

September 21, 2012 at 7:54 am
  • Jodie&Tony

yh really liked it it was wayy funny i added it to my favs lol!!!!

September 21, 2012 at 8:17 am
  • Pan

Why do idiots keep expecting a party that makes up 7% off government to be in a position to fulfill 100% of its manifesto.

Plus some students are better off now, yes in England. Low earners will pay between begger all and nothing.

September 21, 2012 at 9:42 am
  • jamie ruders

Hilarious. If you’re into songs about the British need to constantly apologise, you’ll probably enjoy my song Sorry (For Being Alive)… http://soundcloud.com/jamieruders/sorry-1

September 21, 2012 at 10:10 am
  • Martyn

For what is Cleggover sorry? He is sorry for making the promise in the first place. He doesn’t regret tuition fees skyrocketing, but making his own credibility lower than a snake’s belly. So really it’s not sorry for what they did but sorry they got caught. Hardly sorry, then.

September 21, 2012 at 10:32 am
  • jackie

this idiot should not be in any form of government nor his useless party, why oh why does he get to speak on anything he was NOT voted in and should not be in the government. Shame on the tories for giving him a voice at all.

September 21, 2012 at 11:08 am
  • Chris Smith

I am going to play this for the rest of eternity – every time I feel someone has wronged me and not apologised.

September 21, 2012 at 11:32 am
  • Norman

Brilliant stuff, making him look the wally he is.

September 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm
  • John H

Lampooning politicians is a great British traditon, especially when they act like prats. Great stuff.

September 21, 2012 at 1:06 pm
  • lincs

What a plonker

September 21, 2012 at 3:57 pm
  • Jodie

Every Time i feel down i just play this i find it so funny i showed my granny,auntie,mum,dad,sister,brother they all laughed out loud LOL!!!!!!!!!

September 21, 2012 at 4:16 pm
  • Alex Race

So, so, so, so funny. Brilliant job guys, you’ve made my day with this.

September 21, 2012 at 8:54 pm
  • Rob Allport

Nick Clegg, aka a total tool. In answer to his last question, he never had mine or anyone’s trust in the first place. Going to save this video on my desktop to cheer me up when when I stressed. GReat job with the video too.

September 22, 2012 at 10:25 am
  • syd

Students should have to vote in the area they came from. In Loughborough we lost the best MP i can remember that covers 50 years

September 22, 2012 at 3:42 pm
  • Paul

For all those who keep banging on about how dreadful we are for not sticking to our pledge…well we had two option…vote the rise down and feel all warm and cosy for doing so and keeping Labours system..OR..we find a way of making the payments cheaper…not only for the new intake in 2012 but ALSO existing students>

The new system ha a threshold of £21k…linked to CPI…so every year from 2017 the threshold goes up…which for those not wanting to work it out looks like this.

If a student earns £23k and 10 years later is earning £36K, how much will they pay a year based on a 2% CPI…Answer £980..that’s £910 less than if we had kept our promise and ended up sticking with labours threshold>

Also if you haven’t noticed the £15k threshold has now gone up to around £15750…because its NOW linked to RPI raising it year on year till April 2015

So you decide…new cheaper repayments…or a kept promise…life is a bitch but in the end you have to play with the cards dealt…we did .

September 22, 2012 at 6:52 pm
  • zotty

Horrible man nice song.

September 23, 2012 at 10:52 am
  • Ken

If you r so sorry we r do sorry that u don’t get our vote again

October 1, 2012 at 11:44 pm
  • jodie&kaytlin

we thought thiswas really funny but also silly at the sme time

October 7, 2012 at 6:18 pm