DeviantArt

• Palladian

I think there are many more people out there who are in the middle of this equation. I, for one, love to go out but I ‘need’ my time alone at home in the middle of my stuff; books, art, computer time, gardening time, and me time.
    When my kids were young I would take off for a few days at the cottage leaving the kids with my husband (who travelled quite a lot and loved his time alone with the kids) and we explained it this way … ‘Mommy is empty and needs to fill up’ (see illustration above) … and they grew up healthy and happy and understand their Mom. All this with no guilt what so ever!

August 30, 2012 at 7:40 pm
  • Karen

What utter rubbish. They are just being rude. And now we have to believe cartoons that make them sound justified. Losers.

August 30, 2012 at 10:52 pm
  • Terrible

Wasn’t your husband worried about who was filling mummy up?!

August 31, 2012 at 1:39 am
  • Jo Anne bowman

well said Palladian!

August 31, 2012 at 3:11 am
  • Adam

Well, it’s totally true! My friends keep asking me to go out with them and mostly i just refuse it. I don’t understand how they can chill in their own room with someone else, even their closest friend (girlfriend is the exception). Sometimes, i feel annoyed by my friend when they keep calling me to go out, on the other day, when they stop doing it, i missed it, yeah that’s me human!

September 3, 2012 at 1:34 am
  • Vern

Most of us are happy with ourselves, we just don’t need someone else to make us happy. Karen seems to need the approval of other people to justify her being here on earth. Always wanting someone else to tell her she is important, introverts already know what’s important and are just cool with everything. It’s just a simpler, happier life, not doing things for other people so you feel important.

October 25, 2012 at 1:37 am