Source

• echo 1

You completely ignored the category of people who post just to post. For instance. “I woke up to use the bathroom. Back to sleep”. You know, the Narcissists? Yes, I have seen that status and immediately removed this imbecile from my friends list.

May 18, 2011 at 11:38 pm
  • echo 1

Oh, I had this person as a friend on fb because it is my cousin. I really had no choice at the time, but damnit I had to stand up for human decency and remove this person.

May 18, 2011 at 11:42 pm
  • Baron

echo1 = Self righteous and probably falls into that category as an facebooker…btw, facebook is for sheeple. ftw!

The fact of the matter is, people are addicted to facebook, they have to check it constantly via either internet or their smart phones. They check it while they’re out, while they’re at home and even at work. To say you’re not is kidding yourself. In fact just about everybody who has one HAS to check it constantly, which is pretty sad. The only thing facebook is good for is vicariously living memories of long ago, psychologically kidding themselves that old friends actually care about you just because they’re on your friends list, when really, they never give you a second thought once they send that friend request, while you stalk their photo’s and status. Basically, it’s there to make you feel important even though your not. If people find you that important, there is this old invention called a phone, in fact it’s the best social “networking” around. Just about everyone has one, but hardly anyone uses it anymore, it’s not outdated, and it’s always being updated, and if you feel your friends are important enough, or they feel you’re important enough they would actually use it. Facebook as I’ve come to learn is one of the most detrimental thing for social networking, and for the psyche. Be a person, not a sheep. KTHXBAI!

May 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm
  • Jake

Everyone listen to Baron, guy knows what he’s talking about.

May 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm
  • Jess

I bet Baron has a Facebook page…

May 19, 2011 at 6:27 pm
  • Melayahm

You forgot ones like me, who mainly just post links to funny pictures or videos they Stumbled Upon! I can’t stand the emo ones who just want strokes from their mates, or those who post irrelevant crap like ‘on holiday next week’ Who cares, it’s not my holiday!

May 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm
  • Me

They left out what I usually do: post quotes that may or may not apply to my life at the moment, and also things I’ve stumbled upon :D

May 20, 2011 at 11:03 am
  • loser

I posted this on FB. LOL!

May 20, 2011 at 2:05 pm
  • afly_on_the_wall

i was thinking about opening a face book page just for kicks but i read that …now i think “I’ve gone 41 years with out it i think I’ll be just fine”

May 20, 2011 at 2:59 pm
  • Charmander

41 years, and you still haven’t learned to capitalize your “I”s…unless its in a contraction.

May 20, 2011 at 11:42 pm
  • Charmander

it’s, please excuse my error.

May 20, 2011 at 11:44 pm
  • Seriousman

Hey I post about the “dear” stuff and its like really serious

May 21, 2011 at 3:10 am
  • Rip Ragged

Hmmm. The semi-literate sages posting from the public library don’t fit in the “interesting” category. Add to the list the compulsive app-users promoting in-site spyware – fortune cookies, X answered a question about you, mafia wars, farmville, fishville, townville, what-the-f&*)(ville.

May 23, 2011 at 3:21 am
  • Peter

Baron,
    What about the people who use it to talk to other people? FBchat may be buggy, but it does what it needs to. I check facebook every now and then to see if anybody has tried to get in touch with me over it, as it’s far easier for people from classes, etc. to find me than ask around for my phone number like a creep. Not everybody who has an account with facebook.com is an attention whore like I imagine you to be (while smugly claiming everybody else is, of course). Some of us actually have friends who like to use facebook to communicate. I know I have a lot of friends on my list, but I can’t tell you the number because I don’t obsess over my amount of friends, it’s just an easy way to keep in touch when I need to. For instance, any contact info posted on the facebook pages of my friends is synced to my Android phone. After meeting someone, I just need their name (and permission via accepting the friend request) to be able to contact them via IM, email, or phone. 600 million people are not the archetype you imagine them to be, you just see the loudest ones and use them to generalize about a tenth of the world’s population. Well done, sir. You really have made an ass of yourself.

May 23, 2011 at 4:28 am
  • Nik

Baron has no idea what he is talking about. It must be wonderful for him to be able to look down his nose at people. It must be more wonderful that Facebook has provided him an opportunity to show how socially superior he is to other people.

People use facebook the way they would any other publication… they read it for fun. It just so happens that reading about your friends – and people you know – is more fun than reading about people you don’t.

The only people that take Facebook too seriously are the ones that berate others for using Facebook, like Baron. I’d bet any amount that if it wasn’t for Facebook Baron would berate people for watching reality tv, or watching football, or anything he himself doesn’t do… must be nice to be so conceited.

May 23, 2011 at 5:04 am
  • Baron

I was just kidding. I am lonely and sad that I don’t have a FB account. I have no friends so I make bitter remarks about people that are happy.

May 25, 2011 at 1:52 am
  • the average highschooler

Facebook is a sweet thing that has thoroughly infected society. Sweet like how sugar used to be a prime source of energy in small children, but as they approach adolescence they can down an energy drink and fall asleep in class. In this same way Facebook has amplified the scrutiny forced upon the romance lives of all users and will keep becoming more accepted as time progresses. It’s chief purpose is for everyone to be in everyone else’s private affairs, of which keeping private is widely considered risqué and looked down upon. Also it becomes in many ways the preferable method of communication, downplaying actually conversing the same way texting does. Without Facebook friendships and relationships both would have stronger bases. Facebook is in itself a catalyst for drama and all the angst that occurs in today’s youth. As currently having a Facebook is a necessity for socializing with my peers. Because of this no one will get rid of an account and if Facebook was somehow shutdown those same people would be enraged. Facebook should have never been invented…

May 25, 2011 at 3:30 am
  • the average highschooler

May 25, 2011 at 3:30 am
  • Koop

Don’t know guys, I think most people here are taking the Facebook issue way too seriously. I mean, as far as I’m concerned, we have free will to choose whether we want to create a Facebook account or not… And how much we’d let a social network rule our existence. Aren’t we capable enough to decide on that? I bet we are, so chill out!

May 27, 2011 at 7:02 am
  • joey

i have this stupid logic- that girls put up more status messages than guys! whos with me on this?? :P

May 27, 2011 at 1:24 pm
  • joey2

Joey…you are right…it’s a pretty stupid logic…

May 28, 2011 at 11:59 pm
  • angie

Joey.. imma girl and i have seen some guys put mooore fb status than me! it all depends on the persons life:)

May 29, 2011 at 11:13 pm
  • Sean

I normally never post on these things, will never look at this page again (it was stumbled and I don’t use this email account anymore – win) and finally I don’t care too much about grammar etc. because I’m fairly dreadful at it. Right that just about covers all the snide remarks I saw (an will definately get).
    Baron – very funny.
    Peter – ending your comment with “well done sir…” was very funny too because you clearly just wanted to start an arguement and didn’t receive a proper response. Making you the ass :)
    onto this actual page. What the hell? Why are you guys taking everything so seriously about a website that you may or may not use?! I’m at college, procrastinating as I do best and just writing my two cents. What’s your excuse? Jeeezus!
    x

November 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm
  • Larry Kelley

Ha! What the hell is Facebook? I don’t even have a computer!!

November 30, 2011 at 6:16 pm
  • Satan

That’s right. . . keep fighting. This is why I invented comment sections.

March 24, 2012 at 8:14 pm